How much information do you know about your “HEALTH”?
Do you know that…?
1. Finding Ways to look at life more positively can improve both your mental and physical well-being. Diabetes forecast Sept. 2008 Edition. Page 63 By Robert Maurer, PhD, a clinical psychologist with David Geffen School of Medicine at the UC, LA.
2. Research reveals that humor helps us handle stress, emotionally and physically. According to the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor (AATH), laughter can improve heart rate, lung function, blood oxygenation. It also eases muscle tension and strengthens the immune system. Positive thinking. Mar/April 2008.
3. Some exercise Tips For Lower Cholesterol:
Do some housework, such as cleaning or taking out trash
Do some yard work. Mow the lawn, rake leaves, or work in garden.
Go for short walks-30minutes in the morning, 30 minutes after dinner, or both.
If you’re not going too far, walk or ride a bike instead of driving.
AT THE OFFICE
Take a stroll down the hall instead of calling someone on the phone.
Walk up stairs instead of using the elevator all the time, or get off the elevator a few floors early and take the stairs the rest of the way.
Take a walk around your building for a break during the workday or lunchtime.
Get off the bus or subway a few stops before your usual stop, and walk the rest of the way.
(This information was provided by MERCK/Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals, 2005.) Be sure to talk with your doctor before starting any exercise program
4. The Benefits of Daily Physical Activity:
- It reduces the risk of heart disease by improving circulation in the body.
- Helps manage weight.
- Helps improve blood Cholesterol levels.
- Helps prevent high blood pressure.
- Increase energy levels.
- Release tension.
- Improve sleep.
- Counters anxiety and depression and increases enthusiasm and optimism.
- It improves muscles strength and tone.
- It helps counteract conditions such as obesity, high blood pressure, and poor Cholesterol levels, which can lead to heart attack and stroke later in life.
- It improves self-image.
(This information was provided by MERCK/Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals, 2005.)
5. Do know that people with a “Financial” plan are happier in retirement than those without?